Tuesday 13 May 2014

Mishaps round-up

Well, we *could* "crack our legs" to make mayonnaise, captioning software, but let's not. The same cooking show had us "doubting our chicken", rather than adding it. "Doubting Our Chicken" kinda sounds like an indie band. And I'm not sure that "salt farmers" should be mixed in with the dried fruits.

In supermarkets, I suppose, next to the "Miced Volvos":

 

Also from the other night's Eurovision, I felt for several colleagues. I spotted "weirded lady", and a UK colleague tweeted me that he'd had "bearded drag queen" come out as "bearded dragon." I can see the logic, really. We should also all take a moment to acknowledge the ridiculous difficulties posed by Sweden's entry, "Undo my Sad". Our software makes predictions based on grammatical context, so a phrase full of short words, in an order which doesn't really resemble any recognisably human syntax, presents the sort of captioning errors best treated with paracetamol.



Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment